- Cost of Ownership. Requires fewer resources and manpower/staff.
- Offers better ROI since vulnerabilities are detected early.
- Even False Positives (FP) don’t affect application performance.
- Implementation is not limited to web applications.
- Helps educate developers and promotes secure coding practices.
- Blocks attacks in real-time and stops data leakage.
- Some WAF solutions enable automated temporary patching.
- SAST vs WAF Comparison – Click Here
Continue to SAST vs DAST on AppSec Beginners Guide.