We are looking for a strong technology leader, to be part of the company technological leadership team.
The Group Manager will report to the VP R&D in order to provide direction and leadership for the specific R&D component; the manager will design the group’s targets to meet company’s short- term and long- term goals and objectives including, architectural and engineering considerations.
The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the R&D growth plan, generating a coordinated, cross team software delivery process.
The successful candidate will assume three responsibilities:
Technological leadership – leading web, database, and client-server technologies, will manage the company’s front end component of the product, and its various APIs. The manager will ensure the various ‘abilities’ needed in order to provide leading enterprise-software.
Orchestrator – managing the various R&D teams to work smoothly together in an Agile environment, including coordinating the effort with additional groups within the R&D.
The group manager is a part of the R&D leadership team, coordinating the groups engineering practices and interfaces, to ensure rapid development and high quality delivery; Target oriented person, but with the ability to review existing processes and to establish new solid processes. Capable of providing the needed attention and interfaces for the support group, simultaneously with the ongoing development tasks.
Manager – Agile manager, pushing team leaders for Agile leadership, supporting the product manager that interacts with the group to ensure quality backlog, with high quality items, reflecting also the ongoing technological needs to update and maintain the code. Motivates the teams and the team-leaders for excellence and generates an atmosphere of trust, commitment and professional attitude.
- 8 years industry experience in various roles
- Hands on experience as a developer for at least 5 years is a must.
- Strong technical skills and passion
- At least 5 years as a technical manager
- At least 2 years as a Group Manage
- Experience in managing agile teams and continuous integration processes for at least 2 years following the ramp-up stage. This should include:
- Building and managing multiple teams of developers – client-side, server-side and algorithmic backend
- Releasing product versions regularly and on a timely basis
- Responding quickly to urgent requests coming from PS and PM
- Experience working and scaling products based on distributed technologies – a significant plus
- Proven hands-on development experience building and bringing to market large-scale web applications, using state-of-the-art technologies
- Special skills and abilities:
- Experience must include functional leadership, project planning. Delivery focused manager; track record of delivery.
- Excellent communication, and relationship management skills, collaborative style, effective human relationship analysis and guidance.
- Flexibility to work in an environment with constantly shifting, and sometimes conflicting, priorities.
- Results oriented critical thinker and innovative problem solver.
- Highly proactive individual, with strong levels of energy and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Hands-on leader who can work closely with multiple levels within the organization.