LAS VEGAS & RAMAT GAN, Israel–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Checkmarx, the Software Exposure Platform for the enterprise, today announced that it closed 1H 2018 with record growth, including a 68% increase in year-over-year revenue. Checkmarx’s performance parallels the application security market, which accounted for $2.6 billion in 2017, and is expected to sustain double-digit growth from 2017 to 2022.
“More than 30% of attacks target the application layer, but Checkmarx’s approach to application security not only minimizes software risk by ensuring the code written for an application does what it was built to do, it delivers security at the speed of DevOps and the business.”
Checkmarx’s differentiated Software Exposure platform includes Codebashing (Secure Coding Education), CxSAST (Static Application Security Testing), CxOSA (Open Source Analysis), and CxIAST (Interactive Application Security Testing), all of which contribute to empowering organizations to deliver secure software faster.
1H Business Highlights Include:
- Achieved a 68% increase in year-over-year revenue
- Grew employee base to more than 400
- Made impactful hires in executive leadership, including appointing Bernd Leger as CMO
- Named a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing
- Completed a SOC2 Type 2 audit, certified by EY, expanding on its third-party certifications that also includes ISO 27001:2013
- Launched its new Checkmarx Certified Engineer program for partners and customers
- Received numerous industry accolades, including being ranked number 37 on the annual Cybersecurity 500 and JMP Securities Super 70, while also winning an InfoSec Award and Devies Award
Checkmarx’s research team also contributed to the company’s success over the past few months, discovering a flaw in Amazon’s Alexa that enables the digital assistant to listen in on its users indefinitely, and identifying a vulnerability in Tinder that put users’ privacy at risk.
“We’ve had an exciting year so far with increased adoption of our application security testing portfolio, and as we enter the second half of the year, we’re looking forward to continuing to prioritize the needs of our customers to deliver secure software faster,” said Emmanuel Benzaquen, CEO of Checkmarx. “More than 30% of attacks target the application layer, but Checkmarx’s approach to application security not only minimizes software risk by ensuring the code written for an application does what it was built to do, it delivers security at the speed of DevOps and the business.”
To learn more about the Checkmarx platform, or to request a demo, visit the Checkmarx website. The company will also be at Black Hat USA 2018 at booth #1202. Learn more about its presence at the conference here.
Checkmarx is the Software Exposure Platform for the enterprise. Over 1,400 organizations around the globe rely on Checkmarx to measure and manage software risk at the speed of DevOps. Checkmarx serves five of the world’s top 10 software vendors, four of the top American banks, and many government organizations and Fortune 500 enterprises, including SAP, Samsung, and Salesforce.com. Learn more at Checkmarx.com.
InkHouse for Checkmarx
Tracey Workman, +1 781-366-1789